Tested by Team AkzoNobel and Dongfeng Race Team, the new Zhik Isotak X range represents the pinnacle of ocean racing gear and features Zhik’s latest patent pending innovations. The Zhik Isotak® X range features a multilayer composite membrane fabric proven to be 4X more waterproof durable than the marking leading ePTFE ocean fabric. All garments have been engineered to have reduced seams reducing weight, maximising flexibility and increasing durability. Going into the Volvo Ocean Race, Zhik found that ocean gear by and large lacked the ability to adapt to different weather and conditions, meaning that crews would have to carry extra gear, or compromise on the performance of their gear. They found that safety and performance was compromised as sailors experienced inhibited central and peripheral vision from protective hoods and peaks, often resulting in a “letterbox” field of view. Uncomfortable, sticky and tight latex seals that wear down too quickly. Ocean gear needed to be safer, perform better, and be more versatile and more durable.
Developed to provide a high level of protection while enhancing the sailor’s field of vision, Hydrovison® is Zhik's new hood visor, made from a rigid & anti-fogging clear polycarbonate which provides unprecedented peripheral vision and protection. The Hydrovision® visor greatly reduces the “letterboxing” effect of traditional hoods, providing at least double the amount of vertical vision, while increasing the protection against the large amounts of water that smash directly into the face. The visor can also be unzipped and swapped out with other Zhik visor types. Patent Pending.
With conditions capable of varying from one extreme to the other on a single leg, having versatile clothing is a big advantage. The new Zhik Adaptive™ hood & collar system allows collars to be interchanged depending on those changing weather conditions. This advantage enables crews to carry one smock with different hoods that are adaptable to all expected conditions, meaning less weight on the boat, and faster, easier gear changes when required. Patent Pending.
Zhik's newly developed proprietary neck and wrist Reziseals™ are made from a highly stretchable, soft and tear resistant textile and polyurethane composite material that offers unprecedented comfort with long-term resistance to degradation. Patent Pending.
Biomotion reflective detailing highlights key points of the human anatomy, enabling greater visual recognition of crew members & allowing them to judge movement and direction in low light conditions. This grants valuable split seconds of response time in cases of emergency.
TESTED & PROVEN TO BE 4X MORE WATERPROOF DURABLE.
- Zhik Adaptive™ System interchangeable hoods allow versatility like never before
- New super soft & durable composite seal design in wrists and neck
- Hydrovision® Visor is an anti-fogging and rigid visor that gives unparalled vision
- Biomotion Reflectors are strategically placed reflectors allow easy recognition of body movement
- Hydrobase® Lining inside pockets and collar provides fast drying warmth and comfort
- Quick stow hood is a PFD compatible hood that lets you raise & lower quickly with one hand
- Longer length rear panels in the garments for added protection
- Highly durable YKK® zippers throughout
- Multiple pockets in key locations for easy access & storage of important belongings
- Reflexite® Reflectors provide high visibility in low light conditions
- 1000D Cordura® reinforcement panel on rear hem of jacket protects high wear areas
- Keelboat Racing