It takes courage to compete on the water. The elements make everything unpredictable and even one mistake can cost the race. The all new Gill Race Series allows you to embrace the adrenaline of competitive racing and that irrepressible desire to win. Because in the right gear, anything is possible. The Gill Race Sunglasses are floatable, so if you drop them, all is not lost. They have been designed with integral flotation and feature UV protective and 100% glare free polarized lenses specifically designed for use on the water.
- Polarized lens technology
- Integral floatation
- Hydrophobic outer coating sheds water and reduces salt residue for clear vision
- Oleophobic technology applied to the inside face repels fingerprints, sun lotion and skin oils
- Grade 1 Optic lenses designed to exceed EN safety standards
- Glare-free vision
- Clear contrasts
- Reduced eye fatigue
- 100% UV 400 protection
- Filter category 3 lenses allowing 8-18% light transmission and are useful in bright sunlight, driving and general purpose wear
- Polarized lenses are made up of a number of functional elements ultra-carefully bonded together to achieve a high-performance optical product:
- The main element of the sandwich lens construction is the polarizing light filter in the centre.
- Laminated to both sides of the filter are UV light absorbers, which block 100% of harmful UVA, UVB, and UVC radiation.
- Optically corrected, shatter-resistant cushion elements are laminated to both sides of the UV absorbers, followed by a unique scratchproof coating applied to the outer surfaces.
- All Gill Sailing Sunglasses are engineered to float.